Monday, October 4, 2010

Remembering God

As we drove, the evidence was everywhere---

Proof that those, with way less than we

In a time when things were much harder

Had faith in One whom they learned was there.

Faith amongst war, plague, and harsh elements.

Knowing because they trusted, and he answered.

Faith in One to listen to their pleas and song,

One whom they chose to honor on His Holy Day

In places built for Him, but them, as well.

Places that were born after full days in the fields

Places where they labored beside their neighbor

Places that were paid for by sacrifice and sweat,

Perhaps blood and tears and hunger, too,

As they went without, to give and to honor.

Always a steeple, pointing heavenward---

A reminder that He is there.

Yes, even today.











I was truly touched again as we traveled this past weekend to see beautiful churches---big, small; ornate, plain; in valleys or on hills, in tiny villages or larger cities---such a reminder of the faith of our forefathers on this continent. I remain in amazement at what they did with what they had, all because of their faith and love. I only hope to do the same.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I comment on almost every single one of your posts....maybe because I do.
    But I just love them! what wonderful pictures of all these churches! Such faith - there is good in the world! Let us add to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agress with Heidi. Amazing pictures. Wonderful messages.

    ReplyDelete