Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Road Trip Part 2 - A Visit to Knoxville

The reason we were driving to Knoxville and not going back to Houston was because Becca, Russ and Rachel's second daughter (and our fourth grandchild) was getting baptized the following Sunday evening.  I was so glad that I could be there; and besides, we would have all day Friday and Saturday to have some fun and visit.  Sunday was going to be pretty much booked with getting twelve of us to church (Russ's mom and dad were flying in on Friday), going to church for three hours, having lunch and fixing dinner, going back for the baptism and confirmation, and then having friends over for dinner that night.

One of my goals was to finish buying birthday presents for 2011 for the Daileys (minus Becca's that I had mailed earlier in January and Isaac's that I had sent home at Christmas).  All seven of them have birthdays within a four month period (January 21-May 20).  I wanted to wrap them and leave them there and not have to worry about getting things done from Switzerland.  That left five of them to buy for---lots of shopping.  We had shopped enroute the first day (whenever Kate needed a break), and I took several shopping trips while I was in Knoxville.  Rachel's new house is near a wonderful shopping area---can't wait to go back when I have more time!  Morgan helped Grammy wrap her sisters' presents, and I appreciated it so much.

Friday, Rachel and her four girls had co-op school for home-schoolers where Rachel teaches two classes each Friday and the four girls each take two classes.  Sarah and I stayed home with Isaac and Kate.  Grammy got plenty of play time with them which was fun.   When the girls got home, we did some cleaning and mixed it with some down time both on Friday and Saturday.  We had given Becca a jigsaw puzzle as one of her birthday presents (albeit a very difficult 550-piece puzzle).  Though it was a little on the difficult side, the girls (mainly Becca and Anna) and I had lots of fun working on it on and off over the weekend.


Sarah helped Anna do some more scrapbooking with the things we had given her for Christmas:



Friday night after Grandma and Grandpa Dailey flew in from Beaumont (Houston), we all went to Pizza Hut for dinner.  The girls were using their Book It certificates that they had earned for reading to get free personal pan pizzas, so the rest of us tagged along---yes, we did order pizza for us! 

Saturday after a lot of busyness (including going through hand-me-down clothes for Isaac to assess his clothing needs---always a fun job), everybody but Issac and I went to the park.  I babysat him until he got up from his nap, then we joined in on the fun.


Rachel busy doing the sorting while Sarah and I helped---notice the blow-up mattresses?   Becca, Sarah, Morgan, and I had sleep-overs in the school room with Kate in the pack-in-play.  We would have had soooo much fun, but we had to be quiet so Kate could sleep.


Grandma Dailey teaching Becca to crochet.

Colee loved her time with Grandpa Dailey on the swings.

Katelyn loves Anna!

Anna getting her crocheting lesson.

Down the slide comes Katelyn

Don't you love her shoes?!  She had to borrow Isaac's because one of her shoes was MIA.  We eventually found it.

Katelyn helping herself to Isaac's snack, and he obviously didn't care!

Trying to warm up!  By the time we went home, it was getting chilly.

So glad I got to spend this time with my Dailey girls and little "I" (Russ and Rach, too).  I appreciate Sarah taking the road trip with me even though it's harder to travel with a baby.  Kate was really pretty good.  We had lots of fun.  Have I ever told you, I LOVE ROAD TRIPS!

No comments:

Post a Comment