Thursday, March 17, 2011

Some Favorite Things in Brugge

I know, I know.  I've over done the pictures from Brugge.  However, I couldn't get enough of the architecture.  I came away wishing I remembered the difference between Baroque, Neo-classical, Gothic, etc.---terms I once learned as a freshman at BYU.  I even wished that I had majored in Humanities or that I had the skills to be an architect.  I was enthralled with the details, the windows, the trims, the chimneys, the arches, the different roof lines, the doors (but you already know that).  So without a lot of talk (type) or whatever, here are just a few shots of things that I want to remember:





















Okay, I know the park benches and the flags aren't exactly architecture, but all the park benches throughout Brugge have our little dragon buddies on them, and they're all painted green.  Many of the motels flew flags, usually at least three and sometimes up to five like that one above that flew the EU flag along with the Belgian flag and three local ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment