Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I'm a Swiss Mrs.










We have just moved to Switzerland. I love Switzerland. After my first trip to Europe over 10 years ago, I was in love with the continent! I couldn't wait to come back. It took 8 years, but when I got to come with DJ on another business trip this way in 2008, it was to Switzerland (see pictures above). I was mesmerized. I felt like I had landed in the pages of a copy of Heidi. I oohed and aahed as we drove from Basel on the north to the shores of Lake Geneva on the south. It wasn't just the Alps---it was the rolling green hills, the countryside dotted with immaculately-kept patchwork farms, the picturesque villages with church steeples poking up amidst the trees, the century's old architecture, and the water---the water from the mighty Rhine to the beauty of Lake Lucerne to the unbelievably aqua water coming from Alps themselves. It enthralled me, all of it. My desire to live here for awhile was renewed! I had no idea that my dream would come true and so soon. What a beautiful country. I feel honored that the Swiss will let me share it with them for awhile. I have to keep pinching myself. What a wonderful opportunity. Besides all that, we have easy access to see other parts of the continent as well.

So I start this blog to share my experience here and to keep a record of my family's comings and goings. I'm hoping to finish scrapbooking the first 36+ years of our marriage, but from now on, I hope to be a blogger supreme and document this wonderful experience, both the one here and the one with my awesome husband and kids.


Since I messed up the picture posting (in case you're interested, pictures from top to bottom are

Chateau on Lake Geneva

Montreaux on Lake Geneva

Montreaux

DJ in front of Swiss Temple (near Bern)

Next four pictures in Luzern (Lucerne)

Water at base of Alps (picture doesn't show just how aqua that water was!)

When we came back for our house hunting trip in June of this year, we saw another part of Switzerland---Interlacken. I'll save those pics for another post.




1 comment:

  1. Oh those mountains!! Can we move in with you during the summer?? Wow it is incredible. I just love all of it! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete